Saturday, June 4, 2011

Days 18-19~

Yesterday was a good day. The weather was beautiful and we did a ton of cleaning for the Hartpury College Open House which was held today. We still had to take care of the two horses which we currently have in the barn (Jerry, who is a stallion, and Nero). I had the opportunity of giving Nero a bath in the beautiful afternoon sunshine. I enjoyed as much as he did! Then, after dinner I was to meet a friend to go to the movies, but he was unable to go. Not to be left sitting in my dorm all night, I decided to be brave and go into Gloucester town all by myself and walk around for a few hours! I have taken my cousin Kari's excellent advice in trying one new thing every day. So, yesterday I took the bus into town alone and walked around alone, and today I'm going to hang out with other students at a BBQ and possible slip 'n slide - we'll see about the slide. Here are some pictures from Gloucester last night that I was able to take before I accidently dropped the camera and it broke but I was able to fix it and make it work again today so we're all good!

Gloucester Cathedral





A cool wall

Now today was the very eventful day of Open House! There were all kinds of demonstrations going on in order to show off the college and all of its assets. The futbol and rugby academys put on displays, the equine events demonstrated dressage, show jumping, a stallion parade, therapy demostrations on the treadmills, a drill team performance, and so much more! I was in and out of the therapy center taking care of horses and helping to run the horses on the treadmills. Luckily though I was able to hop about and see other exciting things that were going on such as the show jumping contest, futbol and rugby demos, agility for dogs, a riding in motion demo, the drill performance, a national guard show, and the stallion parade!

The show jumping arena set up in the indoor Hartpury Arena



The main arena surrounded by tents with vendors and explanation tables set up by the college

the futbol demo

an agility course

This riding in motion demo was fantastic!!! The horse had muscles painted on one side and bones on the other side!



AWESOME!!!

Yes, I took this picture!

The agility competition course with tunnels, A-frames, long jumps, weave-poles, etc.

Me helping with the aqua-fit treadmill

Me again


This picture is a newfoundland dog, taken for my mom!
After a long day of festivities, I will be resting, doing laundry, hanging out at the BBQ, calling home, and skyping with Brad. Tomorrow will be another exciting day!!! I'm going to LONDON for the day!!! woo hoo~

2 comments:

  1. Very cool pictures especially of the Gloucester Cathedral and the grounds there. Cool demo with th horse.

    I hope you have a great time in London!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kacie,
    Sounds like you had a busy two days and going to Loudon tomorrow will be great. We visited Mom and Dad tonight and saw Grants pics. Have fun and we love you and are praying for you.
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete