Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 26~

Today started out as a beautiful sunny morning. I helped out at the dressage show scribing for the judge (whom I was not impressed with, very unprofessional). Then I played my first game of real golf EVER with some other international kids. It's cool to meet people who come from all over Africa, New Zealand, Europe, etc. I actually didn't do too bad either! After golf, we grabbed some lunch then I went back to my room to read my new book before I caught a ride into town to the local ASDA grocery store where I exchanged some American dollars for pounds (240$ = 137 pounds) and bought some space bags to pack my clothes in when I return home ( 2 weeks!) We also bought some meat for a BBQ we had tonight! So that was fun to hang out with the internationals and get to here stories from where they come from. I have met some really cool people that come from ALL backgrounds. Now I'm settling in my room for the night catching up on facebook and reading. OH!!! GUESS WHAT!?!?! This has to be the most exciting part of my day!!! So when I go to London next weekend I  am going to see the Broadway show War Horse on Saturday at 7:30 PM!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! This show looks AWESOME and I have heard amazing things about it. The ticket cost me about 80 pounds but I don't care, I'm determined to see all that I can while I'm over here! Broadway in LONDON!!! Aunt Kathy and Uncle Doug would be so proud :) here is the dialogue about the show:

War Horse main-image

It’s the dawn of the 20th century and World War One has begun. The setting alone promises to engage the audience in a gripping tale of determination and triumph whilst embarking on an incomparable journey through history. The sale of young Albert’s adored horse, Joey, to the French cavalry leads him on a remarkable expedition through war, battling both sides of enemy line. His fate retires him in no man’s land and with Albert unable to forget Joey, he sets about a perfidious mission to locate him and rekindle their friendship.
The breathtaking storyline comprises of elements of friendship, loyalty, war and deceit. The newly established production has been highly successful in its opening year and critics have high hopes for it future success. Michael Morpurgo’s best-selling novel transposed into a classic theatre production is a must-see and a journey well worth taking; you will embark on a process of rich emotions, excellent stagecraft and significant history.

AWESOME!! I can't wait!!! I'm not sure if Kristin and Tina will be accompanying me to this show, but they are indecisive and I am definitely going whether I have to go alone or not (as long as my online ticket request goes through)! I'm definitely building my confidence and determination while I'm over here. No fear! I hope you all had a great day in the states and I can't wait to see you all when I get home! Don't worry, I'll be posting more pictures of London up next weekend!!! I'm going to make the most out of these last two weeks. They should be pretty exciting. Tomorrow I will hopefully catch my first professional rugby game, then this week I will be at 3 Counties equine hospital Monday - Thursday, and on Friday I will be at the 3 Counties Fair/show which will be a great day out, and that evening we leave for London!!! Then, my last full week will be spent working with the sheep and cattle on the Hartpury Farm! WOW! I've got some real excitement coming up! I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds exciting Kacie! The play sounds great!Your coming two weeks sound interesting also!Have a relaxing day tommorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You are really having a ball! I know you are still counting the days until you get home, but I still think you are going to be sad to leave! Your experiences have been so wonderful! Thanks again for taking us along! I have enjoyed reading all your posts! I hope Caitlin's experience gets better...

    ReplyDelete