Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 27~

Today was a busy day despite the windy, rainy, and cold English weather. I woke up early and helped out all morning at the affiliated dressage show. This was a very cool show because they were qualifying 4 and 5 year old dressage horses for the British International Dressage teams. The top two in each age group will then be watched as they compete and progress and will have a chance at the big shot when they're older! I saw some really nice horse flesh today that could do some amazing thing. What potential! I did a lot of running around for the judge and I kept score, so that was a learning experience. Once I got organized and into a routine everything went smoothly. After leaving the show around 1:00, I grabbed lunch and then went to my first rugby game! The England Saxons vs. Tongo (a tiny island near Figi and Australia). This was a great experience! I really like rugby and can appreciate the intensity of the players as it requires extreme strength and stamina. A mixture of futbol/soccer and American Football, it was way cooler because the players can wrestle, be very aggressive, tackle eachother without restraint, pass, kick, and throw the ball in order to gain ground and score all without wearing a single piece of protective gear (except a mouth guard!) It makes American Football look like a sissy sport! Here are some pictures!

England Saxons vs. Tongo

My friend Tudu came to the game with me. He is from India!


the players are beastly men!





Injury!!! One guy got knocked out and they never even stopped the game for him! The paramedics just jumped in and carried him off the field quick before they could get hurt! INTENSE!!!


After the rugby game, I traveled to the little town of Tewkesbury, my favorite town so far because of its quiet quaintness! Here I attended a small methodist church that was very welcoming. They want me to come back in two weeks! I am very tired after this busy day. I hope you all had great days too!

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! It looks like rugby is really rough! I'm sure it was exciting! The horse show sounds interesting too!Can't wait to hear what you get into tommorrow! Love you....mom an Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wondered what Rugby was all about. Thanks for sharing that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is me being jealous .. :/ .. I think that is my only regret from our trip, not catching a rugby game!! I'm so glad you got to see one and got some great pictures!! looks like so much fun.. we'll just have to catch one on our next trip to Europe.. :)

    ReplyDelete