Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 40-41 ~

This weekend has been fairly quiet. Yesterday was the Therapy Center Open House and I was able to help run demonstrations such as the Dart-Fish imaging system and Equine Manipulation. Dartfish is an awesome computer system that records a rider and then allows you to slow down or speed up the footage, add lines, markers, and angles, and do lots of other cool things! It is the perfect tool for a biomechanics major and my Wilson professor, Ann, would love it! I played around with it all morning. Then, I helped out with the manipulation demonstration. I have never seen or heard of this technique before, but it was my job to literally link arms under the horse's girth area with my partner on the other side of the horse and lift the entire abdomen! This is a method of restoring health by gentle corrective manipulation of the bones of the head, spinal column, pelvis and limbs, thereby ensuring the proper functioning of the nerves and endocrine systems which control the natural self-healing capability of the body. It was really cool and definitely an area requiring further research on my part! After the open house, we got everything cleaned up and then I had a quiet evening doing laundry and hanging out with the remaining international students (Tina, Kristin, and Mike).
Today, I slept in until about 9, woke up and went to breakfast then helped Tilly run Tom and Jerry on the highspeed treadmill before I sunbathed for 2 hours! We had beautiful weather today, the warmest day since I've been here! Then I helped Tilly run the boys on the HSP again. Now, the internationals and I are preparing a farewell dinner for Tina and Kristin. One more day of my trip, it is slowly winding down!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I am having trouble envisioning two people lifting the abdomen of a horse! WOW!

    I hope you have a safe trip home!!

    ReplyDelete